Rotomolded Kayak Care
Our 2monks “roto” kayaks are made of low-density linear polyethylene, which is virtually maintenance free . A minimal amount of care in storage and transporting will help the kayak maintain a like-new condition for many years.
Polyethylene will become more flexible when in warm conditions such as a hot, sunny day. It is possible for a kayak strapped tightly to a roof rack for a series of days to temporarily deform at the weight bearing points. Use a rigid bar sport rack in addition to a “kayak cradle” to disperse the weight.
After use a rinse of fresh water is necessary to keep your hull clean and functioning in good order. This is very important after paddling in salt water, especially if your boat is outfitted with a rudder system. Be sure to thoroughly rinse the rudder, rudder cables, and footbraces with fresh water to remove salt residue. Superficial scratches may occur, but can be removed or reduced by use of a marine boat polish designed for polyethylene hulls. Sanding or use of an abrasive rubbing compound is not recommended.
Avoid dragging kayak across the ground to prolong its life and maintain its look and performance. Two people, utilizing the carrying handles is the best way to transport the boat. Alternately, you can transport using a kayak cart, available in our store.
Manufacturers Limited Warranty
● 3 year limited warranty against defects in the materials and workmanship in the hull and assembly of
● 3 year limited warranty against defects and assembly to parts and accessories
● The warranty is only valid to the original customer
● It is upto 2monks Kayaks to determine whether to repair or replace any defective parts.
Exclusions to the Limited Warranty
● Normal wear and discoloration
● Damage from misuse or abuse from hitting objects and improper maintenance
● Damage from extreme weather or environmental conditions
● Damage caused from storing the boat outside
● Damage from improper support of the kayak during transportation or storage
● Damage caused by any alterations to the boat and or original parts
● Damage caused to the boats in "surf"
● Any boat designated as "demo"
● Kayaks used for commercial or rental purposes
Original invoice or receipt is the proof of purchase for your warranty claim - without it 2monks Kayaks reserves the right to determine whether the boat is covered under warranty
If you have any questions regarding our Warranty Policy please contact us